Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Man dies of carbon monoxide poisoning from motor home generator

A Cherokee County man was found dead of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning Monday morning inside an RV at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Henry County police said today. Police Lt. Jason Bolton said the RV's generator leaked, causing the deadly fumes to accumulate and kill B. Christopher Thompson, 37, of Ball Ground. Thompson's wife, Lori Thompson, 34, was airlifted to Crawford Long Hospital in Atlanta. The hospital refused to give information on her condition Monday afternoon.

Bolton said the couple spent the weekend in the 1996 Dolphin 535 motor home while attending the Golden Corral 500 at the racetrack in Hampton.

Friends staying in another motor home found the couple about 10:30 a.m. Monday.

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]