Saturday, November 18, 2006

Protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning

Sources of carbon monoxide can include malfunctioning appliances, such as furnaces, stoves, ovens and water heaters that operate by burning fossil fuels such as natural or propane gas. When malfunctioning appliances aren't adequately ventilated, the amount of carbon monoxide in the air may rise to a level that can cause illness or even death.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be hard to detect. People who have a mild to moderate problem with carbon monoxide often will find that they feel sick while they spend time at home. They might feel a little better outside in the fresh air but will have symptoms return shortly after they get home.

Symptoms of low levels of carbon monoxide can be confused with flu, food poisoning or other illnesses, and can be long-term health risk if left unattended. Mild exposure symptoms include slight headache, nausea, vomiting and fatigue.

Medium exposure symptoms include severe throbbing headache, drowsiness, confusion and fast heart rate. Extreme exposure to carbon monoxide can result in loss of consciousness, convulsions, and death. Full Story...
---
301 Ways to Make RV Travel Safer, Easier and More Fun - save time, money and effort





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]