Friday, March 23, 2007

Camper loses everything in motorhome fire

Last Thursday Jerry Goodell set down milk, soda, instant coffee and oil on the counter at Fifi Mini-mart & Deli before he headed to Fort Churchill State Park's camping area, with his dog Baby.

Then, Store Manager Monica Pease said "all of a sudden something was smoking," and within a matter of minutes the whole hood of Goodell's motor home was on fire.

Pease said she grabbed the fire extinguisher in the store and gave it to Goodell and at the same time a trucker drove into the parking lot, followed by the Lyon County Road Department water truck driver, who all tried to extinguish the fire before firefighter arrived.

"It went up so fast, it was unbelievable," said Pease.

Central Lyon County Fire Protection District Battalion Chief and Incident Commander Bob Kietley reported the fire was under control within the first two minutes after the arrival of the first engine and the cause most likely was a problem in the engine.

The light weight construction of the motor home and a number of combustible materials inside the home caused the fire to burn fast reported the Battalion Chief.

He said there were two five-gallon propane tanks in the motor home and combined with the gasoline which ignited and caused the RV to rapidly burn.
Full Story & Photo...
---
"The RVers Guide to Internet Access on the Road" covers all the options for getting internet access on the road... Wi-Fi, Cellular, Satellite... more!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]