Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Overcharged RV battery leads to fire

Yuma, AZ - An overcharged RV battery led to a fire that destroyed a motorhome, a residence, and damaged an RV and SUV.

Curt Foster, Rural/Metro fire investigator, explained that a couple was charging their motorhome in preparation for a trip. He said the motor home sat roughly five feet from the couple's home.

Foster said that the RV battery began overcharging, causing one of the battery cables to overheat, which led to the fire.

The couple's motorhome and residence were "totally destroyed," and a recreational vehicle and sport utility vehicle on property to the west were damaged.
Full Story...
---





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]