Sunday, July 01, 2007

Blaze in Motorhome leaves RVer homeless

Harold Lill had just stepped out of the shower in his motorhome when he heard a “woof” sound and felt a blast of air.

The 86-year-old said he glanced over to see flames in the propane water heater. Seconds later, the 1986 GM bus was on fire.

Lill grabbed a pair of pants and got out before the vehicle went up in flames Friday. But everything inside the RV was destroyed.

Lois Anderson, who was visiting family members in the park, said she smelled smoke getting stronger and stronger, then saw the flames burst skyward.

“It just blew,” she said. “The flames were huge.”

Lill said he appreciated his neighbors’ help and support.

“They found me a shirt, shoes — all mine got burned up in the rush,” he said.
Full Story...
---
You may also want to read: RV Fire! We Should All be Aware of the Possibility





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]