Friday, March 21, 2008

New year brings stricter requirements for Canadians at U.S. border

New requirements that took effect at the end of January require additional documents when crossing by land into the United States.

During a presentation at the Edmonton RV Show, Jennifer Tuttosi of the Canada Border Services Agency explained how the changes can affect snowbirds, including those travelling to the southern United States with an RV.

Under the new regulations of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, a driver's licence is no longer sufficient, Tuttosi said.

It must be accompanied by another document, such as a birth certificate or citizenship card.

Travellers who have a passport can use it for all crossings into the United States, whether by land, water or air. Tuttosi said travellers lacking the proper documents can be turned back by U.S. officials. "No documents, no entry into the U.S."
Full Story...
Planning a trip to Canada? Peggi McDonald's RV Travel to Canada simplifies your planning and adds piece of mind to an RV Adventure in the friendly country to the north. Peggi and Husband John are Canadian and have been full time RVing in Canada and the US for 20 years. Fran and I are happy to call them friends and and proud to recommend Peggi's eBook Click Here!

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]