Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fire Damages RV

An RV was nearly destroyed by fire Thursday morning.

The blaze broke out at 429 Hibiscus Drive in Outdoor Resort, 69411 Ramon Road, in Cathedral City around 8:30 a.m.

The fire started in the kitchen area of the RV, perhaps by a refrigerator that may have overheated, fire crews said.

The property was vacant and no injuries were reported.

Officials said the blaze caused about $15,000 damage to the rear kitchen area and some smoke damage, but the RV ``was not a total loss.”

Resort residents Dick and Deena Whiteman cqwere on their way back from grabbing a morning coffee when they first noticed the fire.

The couple reported their findings to the front gate, and within a few minutes flames had begun to engulf the RV, Dick Whiteman said.

The Whitemans said most of the resort’s residents leave during the summer.
Full Story & Photo...
Are you paying too much for your RV Insurance? Click here for a free quote from Good Sam VIP

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]