Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Propane leak caused blast in RV

The Register-Guard - Eugene,OR,USA
OAKRIDGE — Two men injured in a fiery motor home explosion last week in Oakridge remain in serious condition at the Oregon Burn Center at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland, a hospital spokeswoman said Monday.

Terry Crawford, 55, of Oakridge, and Ted Combis, 62, of Klamath Falls, were blown out of Combis’ motor home, which was parked at the Oakridge Motel, a week ago today.

Investigators have concluded that the blast was caused by a propane tank leak, Oakridge Fire Chief Tim Demers said. “It’s pretty much a consensus,” Demers said.

The men apparently were working on repairs to the motor home’s water heater system, Demers said. The water heater had been removed and taken to a shop in Eugene for service. The explosion was probably caused when leaking propane came in contact with a power source, Demers said.

The explosion set fire to the motor home and to another one parked behind it.

The blast blew out windows and damaged other buildings in the area, including the Church of the Nazarene to the west. Windows and doors were damaged at the motel.
Full Story...
---
Get Great RV Tech Tips from 10-Minute Tech, Volume 2 Over 600 Time and Money Saving Ideas from Fellow RVers.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]