Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blazing motor home shuts I-5 near Ferndale, WA

www.bellinghamherald.com
Traffic was backed up in both directions on Interstate 5 after a motor home caught fire Monday evening, Jan. 19, according to the Washington State Patrol.

The fire began just after 4 p.m. when a 1997 Safari motor home hit a mattress in a southbound lane near Grandview Road. The driver, 73-year-old Lionel Benoit, pulled the motor home over to the right shoulder, but the dragging mattress caught fire, engulfing the vehicle in flames.

All northbound and southbound lanes were closed for nearly an hour because the motor home contained 60 gallons of gas and 160 pounds of propane.

The motor home was destroyed, but Benoit was uninjured. No charges were filed.
----
At RVTipOfTheDay.com we post a daily tip on the RV lifestyle, RV equipment, campgrounds, sights and attractions, safety and just about anything else useful to being an RVer. Want to have the daily tip emailed to you? Look for the subscription form at RVTipOfTheDay.com





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]